Gowan Consulting is always looking for OTs on a subcontracting basis in all areas of Canada who have an interest in ergonomics, mental health, complex case management and the workplace.
Please click the join our roster button below. We look forward to speaking with you!
Gowan Consulting is a national health and disability management company. Gowan Consulting is successfully helping top employers across Canada to ensure healthier workplaces that result in happier, more productive employees. We work today as we always have, with companies that truly care about their employees’ well-being. Our mission is to collaborate with workplace stakeholders to provide customized solutions that lead to sustainable stay-at-work or return-to-work.
We are certified by WBE Canada as a Women’s Business Enterprise.
What we offer you:
- Administrative Support: You will have the support of a team of administrative professionals assisting you in your reporting and referral management.
- Active Clinical Mentorship: Our team of clinical leads and Director of OT will work with you to allow you to do what you do best. We will work with you to build skills to work with a variety of populations in a variety of work environments.
- Flexibility: You will work from your home office and assess and treat clients in their homes, communities, and workplaces. You will also use virtual technology as required or preferred.
- Variety: You will have a varied clinical caseload, the opportunity to get involved in training and leadership opportunities.
- Case Management System: We provide a secure case management system for all your documentation needs.
- Tools: We will provide you with required equipment: computer, mobile phone, ergonomic office tools. You will have access to assessment tools and a database of clinical resources to use with clients.
- Salary: We offer a competitive salary. In addition yearly bonuses may be awarded depending on company and OT performance.
- Benefits: The benefits program includes among other things long term and a healthcare spending account. As well we provide you with an annual budget towards professional development and training. In addition, you have access to all our internal training materials.
What you offer us:
- You enjoy working with employers to facilitate sustainable stay-at-work and return-to-work solutions.
- You understand the importance of work and productivity to individual health and business success.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an autonomous work environment.
- You think critically and have well developed problem-solving skills.
- You are great with people and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will work our electronic database file management system to allow you to communicate with clients and keep secure records online (anywhere, anytime).
- You have access to a secure and confidential work environment and technology to protect the privacy of our clients.
- You have expertise and interest in ergonomics, workplace accommodation, return-to-work, and/or mental health.
- You have interest in clinical work, training and some marketing.
- Preference will be given to those with additional training and competence such as ergonomics, PGAP, BrainFX Certification, CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, ACT, and Exposure Therapy.
*Note that many of our opportunities are on a subcontracting basis.